Sorry to be late coming to this.

It would great to be able to push D as a CPython extension language. However the state of pyd.dsource.org and places reached from it do make
it seem that the project died in 2009.

ariovistus' GitHub project on Bitbucket is moving but everything else
appears to be a problem.

Is it possible to decide on a location for activity, create some
infrastructure, and then get the old stuff cleaned out.

My start point is to get PyD working in virtualenvs for Python 2.7 and Python 3.3. Findout out what the SCons and Tup stuff is for would be useful. On the side I could help with documentation and stuff, but only
if it can be done by DVCS and pull requests with email, I am not
interested in non DVCS wikis nor forums.

For future reference, I tried but wasn't able to make calling D from python work. I tried to just compile D to an .a library, including statically linking phobos, and then wrapping it with cython like I would with C code. (I've made this work before with C.)

My thinking was that there's already been a lot of work in the Python world in the past 4-6 years to make calling C fairly straight forward. So D should be able to piggy back on that work.

(Though to a lot of Python people a legitimate question would be, "is this worth it?" You can just profile python code to find the hot spots and then use ctypes/cython to pass objects allocated by Python to C-level functions to do the time-intensive stuff.)