On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 14:37:14 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
They actually don't have all the necessary features in D afaiu. They do have value semantics but can't represent uniqueness because of missing move d-tor.

For example in C++ I can create a function that returns a Texture class instance and be sure that it is the only one when receiving it (because copying is disabled). Then I can always safely release all resources related to this texture in objects d-tor. In D I can't use struct for this because I would get double-free in d-tor so a class instance has to be used instead.

You can disable postblit to make entity non-copyable: http://dlang.org/struct.html#StructPostblit