On Wednesday, 24 September 2014 at 16:36:29 UTC, csmith wrote:

I came from web development, you're meaning to tell me there's coding outside of writing boilerplate? Jokes aside, figured if I took the time to learn a modern language, I'd be consistent with adding in newer technologies :)

In that case, here's some two things on the way that may not be all that intuitive for a web developer when it comes to dealing with OpenGL, as they are quirks stemming mostly from how C works:

1. When you need to pass an array of some sort to an OpenGL function, remember to use foo.ptr, not &foo. foo.ptr will get you a pointer to an array that the rest of the world, not just D, understands.

2. The OpenGL spec mandates that empty error logs for shader compilation are to report length 0, but if you ask on an nvidia machine about the length of its empty error log, it will reply with length 1. This is because nvidia just send the length of the string in all cases, which for empty C strings is 1 due to the null-byte.

I hope this helps you along, good luck!