On 10/24/2014 7:20 AM, ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

why can't i see that J. Random in recent discussion about deprecating
prefix 'const'? the universal answer was: "yes, break our code NOW!
PLEASE!" including people from the companies with big D codebases.

There are people out there using D who do not participate in the newsgroups. Walter has told us before that he gets emails from companies using D in production. He has to deal with complaints about code breakage that we aren't going to see here in the NG. Just keep in mind that no matter how many of us here agree on a breaking change, we are not the entirety of the D user base. And it has nothing to do with Reddit.