On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 15:06:25 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
I agree that "@"-stuff is trivial, but I don't think Python sets a good example. The codebase is basically divided in two, libraries have to support both, and I think they should have changed more if going to the trouble.

Yes, Python has a real problem with this.

I would like to see a proper deprecation path implemented in D. I don't want my code breaking but i'm willing to accept *informed* deprecation, followed by removal. Even if this process takes place over a few years.