On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 21:56:48 UTC, Casey wrote:
On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 16:04:43 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 07:01:08 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
I did find this [0]. I don't know what state its in for compilating/running ext. But it might give you a good starting point.

[0] https://github.com/pythoneer/XInputSimulator

ooh there's some nice code for Linux in there! The Windows is only half implemented though... but this combined with my Windows code should get you enough example to write a cross-platform thing if you need it.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this! But I have a few questions.

2) I can't figure out what the heck half of this code means. It seems that at the bottom you have what each of the hotkey buttons are, and I can see a few times where you referenced them. I can also see a efw listeners for the keybinds to be pressed, and then where you use the writeln command. Other than that, I can't tell what's going on. I feel like a noob, sorry that I don't understand this.

3) I'm sure that everything you have in there has a meaning, but it looks over complicated to me. Shouldn't it look something like this?

[code]
void main() {
    import std.stdio;
    import simpledisplay;
    import *Others that need to be imported*;
    if (*hotkey command here*) {
    then writeln ("We're losing Alpha!")
    return 0;
}
[/code]

I know there's a /LOT/ more to it than that, but wouldn't that be the basics? I honestly don't know a whole lot about what you did, but at least I understand the basic concept of programming.

I'm going to start looking up a few tutorials on compiling using the DM D compiler, let me know if you recommend a different one.

Could you tell me which keys you used for the hotkey in your sample code? I can't figure it out, but my guess it alt + c? Not sure though.

Thanks again, I am really impressed with you for actually writing the basic concept of it for me! I can diffidently use this for my building block of learning how to program better!

Well hes basically giving us the core of what we need to create a
binding. Its like hes giving us a car engine and then we build
the rest of it around that.

Except im in the same boat, i cant figure out whats going on. Lol.

Also, the only difference i see with the
-L/SUSBSYSTEM:WINDOWS:5.0 switch is the the program runs with a
command line program in the background. Thats fine i guess.
Unless this does alot of other stuff in the background i dont
understand.

1) Which compiler should I use? I'm attempting to use the DM D comiler, but afaik it doesn't have a GUI and I can't make any sense of how to use it otherwise. I'll look up a tutorial on it if this is the one you recommend. If it's not the one you recommend, I'll give yours a try.

The compiler has no GUI. After you install dmd it is then linked
to your system so that you can use it anywhere. It runs as a
background program but you can only run it from another command
line. so Windows Key + R > cmd > click ok > navigate to the
directory where the source code files are with "cd" and "dir"
command line fucntions. Then type "dmd hotkey.d simpledisplay.d
color.d" and the compiler will spit out a hotkey.exe executable.