On Tuesday, 6 January 2015 at 14:22:54 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 14:08:30 +0000
Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn
<digitalmars-d-learn@puremagic.com> wrote:

I realize Walter has far better things to work on, but value of having a translation tool is considerable, since it opens up easy access to an enormous range of libraries. It is not much work to do the translation oneself, but in the world as it is small frictions cumulatively have large consequences. Access to libraries is a big advantage of python, and the like. Once you have the wrapper in place, I find D as productive as python, but for now it is still a bit of work first.

i bet that the only realistic way to do something like that is to take
some existing C/C++ parser and write the tool from scratch.

Which is exactly what dstep is.