On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 at 16:23:38 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 at 16:15:49 UTC, Tobias Pankrath wrote:

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/3bbdecfefa5c

I'm not sure about some of that. Bad casts w.r.t. immutability etc.

How about:
http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/706ab2db9ce1

I would keep the encryption inside a template to prevent users from assigning it to a variable without triggering CTFE.

Why would that be a problem?

Because the plain text will be in the object file.

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/95b17fff42c6

Take a look at the object file and you will find “Sailor Moon” in it - which is what we wanted to avoid in the first place. I'd prefer the API that prevents something like that.