On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 at 15:04:24 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 at 15:02:34 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
Not true. If you're using a tree structure, you *should* use
pointers.
Unless you're using classes, which are by-reference, in which case you
can just use the class as-is. :-)

Thanks v much.

I just came to that realization also when I stepped away.

class node
{
        string name;
        node ref;
}

what's wrong with the code above ? i get an error no identifier for declarator node. (I have not used classes much, since structs often seem to be enough for what I need to do mostly).

ref is a reserved keyword.

--
Paulo

this conversation is so funny: well what's wrong with this . It's a keyword...
Aa Ha ha ha ha , rol.
Seriously, is it so complicated to use a D editor ? I mean with syntax color...