Small recommendation (apart from the reserved word issue which you fixed): it's generally considered good D style to give structs and classes names that start with capital letters, JustLikeThis. So, I suggest Node rather than node.

Very minor point, and of course, your code is yours to style as you wish, but it can be helpful to meet the "standard" style conventions in order to make it as easy as possible for everyone else to understand.

Thanks for the reminder. I use D Style when I am writing properly, but haven't yet internalized it for a quick example and old habits die hard.