On 1/19/15 4:54 PM, ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:49:34 -0500
Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
<digitalmars-d-learn@puremagic.com> wrote:

I figured it out, poll.d is missing from here:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/mak/SRCS

So it's for some reason not purposely included.

I think there's an expectation (I'm probably guilty of this too) that if
you include a file somewhere in druntime's core subdirectory, it gets
compiled in.

There are actually quite a few files not included... not sure why.
i believe that they are just accidentally left out. besides, if some
file defines only extern functions and constants, it can be safely
ommited. yet including it will not hurt too (and will add some sanity
checks on build time -- like ensuring that it is syntactically correct).

so i believe that this is an accidental omission that worth a PR.

I want to make a PR, but I'm considering whether I should PR ALL the missing modules, or just this one :) I will consult the devs mailing list...

BTW, I've seen linker errors happen when you don't include a module, even if there's seemingly nothing to deal with in there. To the point where I just include all modules even if I think I can omit them.

-Steve