On 28/01/2015 9:59 a.m., Gan wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 19:59:08 UTC, Gan wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 19:26:12 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Gan:

Is there some special stuff I gotta do extra with structs? Do they
need manually allocated and released?

Most of your usages of tiny structs should be by value. So just keep
in mind they are values. Even when you iterate with a foreach on a
mutable array of them :-)

On a second question, do I ever need to manually release objects I
create with new?

Usually not. How much advanced do you want to be? :-)

Bye,
bearophile

Thanks. I'll give structs a try.

When I start the program, it runs fine at 35mb of ram. It only keeps
15 objects stored in the arrays at a time so why do you think my ram
usage increases to 700+ after many hours?

Curiously, my CPU usage went from 10% to 5% after I changed to structs
on Point and Range. Though my memory still climbs high.

Force a GC.collect() now and again. Disable it at the beginning too.