On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 02:17:57 UTC, Joel wrote:
In Mac OS, when typing with readln etc. I can't use the cursor keys. Works in Windows though.

That's normal, line editing on Unix terminals is a kinda advanced library feature. The most common lib to do it, GNU readline, is actually a big thing that pushed the GPL because of how useful it was and it happened to use that license.

I wrote one too though it is a bit bulky.
https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/terminal.d

import terminal;
void main() {
   auto terminal = Terminal(ConsoleOutputMode.linear);
   auto line = terminal.getline("your prompt: ");
   terminal.writeln("You wrote: ", line);
}

compile:

dmd yourapp.d terminal.d
  • OSX prompt limit Joel via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: OSX prompt limit Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn