On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 09:14:30 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
So, if your use-case depends on information from the file-system, user interaction, networking, etc. then your only choice is to generate text files with D code and compile it. If, on the other hand, it's all defined by the code you write, then D has excellent compile-time code generation tools at your disposal.

Thanks for the in depth reply. Unfortunately, yes, my use case depends on user input so definitions will not be known at compiletime. I'm keen to learn D though so I think I'm going to try and make it work with dynamically compiling and loading libraries.