On Thursday, 1 October 2015 at 03:29:29 UTC, Gerald wrote:
I'm stuck though on how to get the start/end index of a match?

I couldn't find one either so I did the pre/post/hit things broken up.

Take a look at this little program I wrote:

http://arsdnet.net/dcode/replacer/

All the files it needs are there, so you can browse by http or download them somewhere and compile+run to give it a try.

Lines 73-78 show the pre/hit/post thing, with me changing the colors of the output so they match.

Afterward, I replace one instance and draw it again to show what the new line would look like. (The point of my program is to interactively request confirmation of every individual change you are going to make.)

Something similar will probably work for you too.