On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 15:45:00 UTC, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
John Colvin wrote:

On Wednesday, 14 October 2015 at 15:02:02 UTC, Shriramana Sharma
wrote:
What binary arithmetic operators do you need that real[] doesn't
already support?

OMG silly me! I can already do a[] /= b[]... D is great! :-D Thanks a lot!

Also:

and so on... All that's required is that there is pre-allocated memory for the result to go in i.e. there has to be enough space in a[].

You should be aware that with DMD these array operations should be much faster than a straightforward loop, as they are done in handwritten asm using vector instructions. Be wary of using them on very small arrays, there is some overhead.

With LDC/GDC you probably wont see much difference either way, if I remember correctly they rely on the optimiser instead.