On 11/19/15 3:30 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 22:15:19 anonymous via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
On 18.11.2015 22:02, rsw0x wrote:
slices aren't arrays
http://dlang.org/d-array-article.html

The language reference/specification [1] uses the term "dynamic array"
for T[] types. Let's not enforce a slang that's different from that.

[1] http://dlang.org/arrays.html

Exactly. T[] _is_ a dynamic array. Steven's otherwise wonderful article on
arrays in D ( http://dlang.org/d-array-article.html ) made the mistake of
calling the buffer that T[] points to on the GC heap (assuming that even
does point to the GC heap) the dynamic array. And per the language spec,
that's not true at all.

It was not a mistake :) It's how I still think of it. The spec is confusing, and my terminology, IMO, is a much more consistent (and accurate) way to think of it.

-Steve