On 23/11/15 9:22 PM, yawniek wrote:
Hi Rikki,

On Monday, 23 November 2015 at 03:57:06 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
I take it that browscap[0] does it not do what you want?
I have an generator at [1].
Feel free to steal.

This looks interesting, thanks for the hint. However it might be a bit
limited,
i have 15M+ different User Agents with all kind of weird cases,
sometimes not even the extensive ua-core regexs work. (if you're
interested for testing let me know)

Also once you do get yours working, you'll want to use ctRegex and
generate a file with all of them in it. That'll increase performance
significantly.

that was my plan.

Reguarding regex, if you want a named sub part use:
(?<text>[a-z]*)
Where [a-z]* is just an example.

I would recommend you learning how input ranges work. They are used
with how to get the matches out, e.g.

auto rgx = ctRegex!`([a-z])[123]`;
foreach(match; rgx.matchAll("b3")) {
    writeln(match.hit);
}

i'm aware how this works, the problem is a different  one:

i do have a second string that contains $n's which can occur in any order.
now of course i can just go and write another regex and replace it, job
done.
but from looking at std.regex this seems to be built in, i just failed
to get it to work properly, see my gist. i hoped this to be a 1liner.

So like this?

import std.regex;
import std.stdio : readln, writeln, write, stdout;

auto REG = ctRegex!(`(\S+)(?: (.*))?`);

void main() {
        for(;;) {
                write("> ");
                stdout.flush;
                string line = readln();
                line.length--;

                if (line.length == 0)
                        return;

                writeln("< ", line.replaceAll(REG, "Unknown program: $1"));