On Thursday, 21 April 2016 at 00:15:03 UTC, Chuck Moore wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Preamble: We're a Win7+VisualStudio development environment. This question involves integrating the GitHub-based

Chuck

Hi Everyone,

I finally got my compilation+linking to work using VisualD. In the event others might find my results useful, here are my notes:

1) It turns out that when using VisualD, the safest/guaranteed-way-to-make-things-visible-to-DMD is to load everything (as in anything one imports-from, or references with the linker) into the 'solution' using the Add > Existing Items option found by right-clicking the solution's name in 'Solution Explorer'. 2) So what I ended up having as additional items alongside 'main.d' : libsodium.lib, libzmq-v110_xp_mt-4_0_4.lib, zeromq.lib, zmqd.d, and zmqd.lib. There is certainly some duplication of functions in this list, but VisualD wasn't happy until I had all of these items added. 3) Finally, prior to adding the 'lib' files, I also had to (download and) use the 'coffimpllib' utility on ALL the lib files.

My thanks to the author of zmqd for his quick response and encouragement.
Chuck
  • VisualD + ZeroMQ Chuck Moore via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: VisualD + ZeroMQ Chuck Moore via Digitalmars-d-learn