On Sunday, 31 July 2016 at 04:51:13 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
But this would be our own subreddit. I don't disagree if you're talking about r/programming.

Oh, the people are terrible, but the platform is worse - I don't like the tree view nor the voting system. It makes it really hard to follow developing discussions and judge the content for yourself.

I'm someone who either reads the whole thread and tries to respond holistically or just doesn't post at all (usually), so segmenting the thread into subthreads with new stuff popping up in the middle at random where it is really hard to actually find it (sometimes I search a reddit page for "minutes ago"...) just kills it.

Reddit encourages hyper fragmentation and repeating the same opinions over and over again.