On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 18:19:27 UTC, TheGag96 wrote:
On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 02:19:13 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
The problem is that static arrays aren't ranges (calling popFront on them can't work, because their length isn't mutable). However, you can slice a static array to get a dynamic array which _is_ a range. e.g.

thing[].sort();

Just make sure that such a dynamic array does not outlive the static array, or it will refer to invalid memory (which would not be a problem in this case).

- Jonathan M Davis

Ah thanks guys. I think I just got used to thinking arrays would always be found to be ranges by the compiler. Good to know!

Would just like to point out that this is design weirdness on Phobos' part - the library I've been writing does not have this problem.