On Monday, 5 December 2016 at 17:18:25 UTC, e-y-e wrote:
Currently I have been learning D for about a year and a half. This may seem like a short time, but this is the longest I have stuck with any language. I have only been learning for 4 years and I am currently in university studying first year of computer systems engineering.
Does anyone have any advice for me?

Honestly, I recommend just learning C and C++. Especially C if you're into low level stuff. You won't just broaden your job market, you'll learn stuff that will help you use D more effectively. You don't have to think of it as "leaving" the language.

how can I replace some of the great things about D? Things like built-in unittests, sane static if, painless CTFE, ranges, or even just the DUB package manager/build tool.

You'll have to learn to do without them :)