On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 at 21:52:22 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, December 07, 2016 15:17:21 Picaud Vincent via Digitalmars-d- learn wrote: That being said, if someone wants to make their life harder by insisting on using D without even druntime, then that's their choice. I think that it's an unnecessarily extreme approach even for really performance-centric code, but they're free to do what they want.

It's not only a performance issue. Sometimes, your target platform simply doesn't have the runtime nor Phobos: Emscripten (asmjs), kernel mode code or bare metal embedded stuff.

I'm using D without druntime for my D-to-asmjs project. Avoid druntime certainly makes my life harder, but it makes the whole project possible.