On 15/12/2016 8:11 PM, Bauss wrote:
On Thursday, 15 December 2016 at 02:58:11 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
I did a lot of work in this area.
There are two solutions:

1) Use a package file and public import all modules via it. From this
do some form of 'registration' in a module constructor. Using
__traits(allMembers, retrieve the imports and with that the other
modules.
2) Before compilation create a file that contains a list of all the
module names.

I prefer 2 now days.

It's not D modules. I'm talking about loading dynamic file content from
dynamically created files. The first one won't work, because it only
imports modules and you still have to give DMD each module that you
compile.

The second one won't work either, because again the files are not D
modules. They're regular files that I need to handle at compile-time.

Besides your suggestion still requires manual work, which is what I need
to avoid. I know how I can do it by specifying the files, but that's
exactly what I want to avoid. I don't want to specify which files I need
to handle, I just need to be able to handle all files in a folder
without having to specify them somewhere after the creation.

The second will still work, that file that contains a list of modules names can just as easily be a list of files to string import. Or is the files themselves it is after all generated by an external program before compilation.

An example of this would be bin2d (looks like I never bothered to register it on code.dlang.org)[0].

[0] https://github.com/rikkimax/Bin2D
  • ... bauss (wtf happend to my name took some old cached title LOL??) via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • ... bauss via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • ... rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • ... Bauss via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • ... rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • ... Bauss via Digitalmars-d-learn