On Friday, 16 December 2016 at 22:37:13 UTC, hardreset wrote:

To be honest I was having some odd linking problems anyway. I initially wrapped the FT init function in plain D function and that kept causing "_FT_.... not found" link errors. As soon as I took all the actual D functions out and left just FT declarations in there it stopped. Even now if I add...

int foo() { return 0; }

to my freetype.d (contains just FT interface declarations)

and call it from font.d (my font class)

i start getting linker errors. Why would adding a plain D function suddenly make it sound the linker cant find what it needs in the freetype.lib?

The only thing I can think of offhand: did you compile and link your freetype.d? As long as it's just interface declarations, there's no need to -- it only needs to be on the import path. But once you start adding implementations, it needs to be compiled and linked into the executable.