On Monday, 23 January 2017 at 11:11:21 UTC, albert-j wrote:
I have translated some simulation code from Java into D (a few classes, mostly manipulation of double arrays in small methods). D version runs 10-30% slower than Java (ldc2, dub release build). Profiling did not show any obvious bottlenecks. I am wondering whether I missed something, or such performance difference can be expected. I read on this forum that marking methods final and nothrow can help, but it didn't do much in my case. Is there anything else I should be looking for? In general, something like a wiki page with performance tips would be very useful for D newcomers like me! :)

Without seeing the source there is nothing we can do.
Usually performant d-code looks quite diffrent from java code.
For example to avoid the gc :)