On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 03:11:34 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 02:59:12 UTC, Nestor wrote:
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 02:55:04 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 00:36:34 UTC, Nestor wrote:
Well, native implementations are useful at least for building self-contained applications.

Sometimes true, but sqlite can be easily embedded and statically linked, so your binary is still self-contained, there's just a small compile time dependency on the sqlite3.lib.

Also, one can learn more advanced features of the language studying them.

Oh, certainly, writing and studying it is a good thing.

In the case of Windows, where libraries are usually dlls, how could this be achieved, using your wrapper for example?

dmd can link to dlls now. if just specify them on the commandline.

Can dlls be embedded as well? I mean can I make a static dmd executable with the functionality of the library embedded and not just stored as a resource to be extracted and run at runtime?