On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 at 18:03:04 UTC, Igor wrote:
What exactly do mean by "binding"?

If I understand the rest you are saying that I could just use "Add existing item" to add the dllproj.d file to EXEProject as well, but that would cause all of the code from it to be linked in the EXE and I only want that code in the DLL.

I should also mention that I don't want to statically bind to DLL using a lib file because I want to be able to reload the DLL while the application is running.

I managed to get it to work by extracting all common structs to dllprojInterface.d module that sits at <solutionDir>/source/dllprojInterface.d on the file system but is added to both projects in the solution.

I am still wondering if there is a better solution?

Also I am wondering if using extern(C) as opposed to extern(D) only affects name mangling or am I losing some DLang possibilities since I am only calling DLang DLL from DLang EXE?