On Thursday, 14 December 2017 at 10:14:13 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
That is to register the methods with the Objective-C runtime. Currently the @selector attribute can only be used on methods that are already implemented in Objective-C. If a need to implement a new method or override an existing method in a subclass, then it's necessary to manually register that method with the runtime.

Ok I understand it now, thanks!

I'm thinking it would be nice to wrap this setup code into some kind of mixin template so that I could put the required configuration setup in each class. In other languages like Python or C# I would maybe decorate my methods with an attribute and then use reflection to build the proper data structures at runtime. However, I'm completely new to D so it's a bit difficult to see a good solution here. If you have any ideas how to do this I'd appreciate it. Thanks for all help!