On Tuesday, 2 January 2018 at 22:49:20 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 2 January 2018 at 22:17:14 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
Pass the Vector3f by value.

This is very frequently the correct answer to these questions! Never assume ref is faster if speed matters - it may not be.

However speed really matters for me. I am writing a path tracing program. Ray will be constructed million of times during computation. And will be passed to functions to test intersection billion of times. After Reading comments here, it seems ray will be passed by value to the intersection testing function. I am not sure if ray is small enough to be passed by value. It needs some experiment.