On Saturday, 27 January 2018 at 01:15:03 UTC, ChrisPiker wrote:
On Friday, 26 January 2018 at 23:55:06 UTC, Seb wrote:
No it's not on maintenance.
I am not getting this error on neither Chrome or Firefox.

See: https://imgur.com/a/wRhrw
Oh good.  Was a bit worried that it might be affecting everyone.
What Firefox version are you using?
Anything specific about your setup?
I'm running version 52.5.1 on RedHat 6, turned off all add-ons to make sure none were affecting page load but still received the same result. I'll try again from a computer running a different OS and/or browser and see what happens.

It's still strange. Mind to open an issue and share screenshots here?

https://github.com/dlang-tour/core/issues/new

tour.dlang.{org,io} uses LetsEncrypt which is used by a lot of websites.

BTW you can run the tour offline too:

```
git clone https://github.com/dlang-tour/core
cd core
git submodule foreach git pull origin master
dub
```

Why don't you create your own exception?

I'm new to D and just trying to use the tools already provide in the standard library before making my own or looking for alternatives. Coming from Java and Python it seems to be re-inventing the wheel a bit to generate purpose build exceptions to report environment problems. These must occur all the time in may different programs.

If the common D way is make your own exceptions I could do that, no problem.

In D typically you just use `enforce`:

https://dlang.org/phobos/std_exception.html#enforce

(except for bigger projects / libraries, of course)

Example:

```
enforce("The environment variable FOOBAR isn't defined", "FOOBAR" !in environment);
```

The mantra here is that in the majority of all cases you don't care as long as the uncaught exception kills the program and prints a nice message to the user or your log. And more complex projects want to define and use their own Exception hierarchies anyways. The standard library only defines Exceptions it can/will throw itself.