On Friday, 25 May 2018 at 10:45:23 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 5/24/18 4:24 PM, IntegratedDimensions wrote:

What I'd like to do is

class C : A
{
   private override @property TT t() { return cast(TT)(_t); } // null check if necessary
    // Stuff below uses t which is now a TT

It should work, you are allowed covariant overloads. However, private functions are not virtual, you need to make them at least protected.

-Steve

Wow, I didn't expect that! Thanks, exactly what I needed.

Unfortunately property setters seem to be broken.

https://dpaste.dzfl.pl/24ce8c7e0681

Seems this is a bug though that has been fix as it only happens on certain the older compilers. I had to downgrade because in the latest I get a lot of link errors ;/