On 10/19/18 3:58 PM, Carl Sturtivant wrote:
On Friday, 19 October 2018 at 17:53:58 UTC, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
On Friday, 19 October 2018 at 17:40:59 UTC, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

If we imagine an Ordered Range being a finite Range of some kind with the additional property that its values are ordered (--- exact definition needed ---)...

There's already a SortedRange: https://dlang.org/phobos/std_range.html#.SortedRange

That's nice. So perhaps all this can be done in using the existing machinery in Phobos.

Again, the benefit of linked lists here is we don't have to actually move any data, we are just rearranging pointers.

We can certainly create a mergesort routine that works with any data types, as long as it has scratch space to move the data around. But that isn't as effective or efficient as a dedicated linked-list routine.

-Steve