On Sunday, 7 April 2019 at 03:47:25 UTC, Alex wrote:
What you need to tell me is why using .stringof is bad. You have simply conjured up a rule and are stating it but not giving any reason why it is not a good idea to follow when, in fact, not following can be shown to be beneficial.

You can't expect to lead by authority. Give a good reason why I should avoid it and change my current ways and I will.

I have a couple times times now.

https://forum.dlang.org/post/nvpsrxxkfmbbxognj...@forum.dlang.org

https://forum.dlang.org/post/fahrmmocegtthztzg...@forum.dlang.org

I go into a lot of detail in the link on the second link.

And the pains you are personally experiencing are a direct result of stringof. If you were to actually following my rule, you'd learn by doing how much better it is.

So it seems like the same design flaw exists? Have any work arounds for that?

It won't work for private, you can use static if __traits(compiles) as a filter to get rid of them.