On Saturday, 13 April 2019 at 00:25:21 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 13:56:51 UTC, number wrote:

Are you planning to cover messagebox-like stuff (i.e. gtkdialog.. i guess?)

Yes. Right after this series on menus, I start on Dialogs. The first couple of those are already in the grist mill (HelpDialog, FileChooserDialog) giving that series five articles so far. But I'll put MessageDialog next on the list which means it'll be posted on May 31st.

I'm asking because there was discussion elsewhere on the net about another programming language where a [gtk] messagebox title was too long so the text could not be read completely because the messagebox sized itself to the shorter text in the content area. They said it's an OS limitation (meaning gtk standard dialogs). It also seems dialogs are not user-resizable by default, which seems strange to me. So I thought to roll my own dialog, but didn't get to it yet. I also wonder why I often encounter gtk apps/windows that are unresizable, but still have the resize-icon cursor when hovering the bottom-right window edge, which when used moves the window instead.