On Saturday, 13 April 2019 at 12:42:36 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
On Saturday, 13 April 2019 at 09:49:47 UTC, number wrote:
On Saturday, 13 April 2019 at 00:25:21 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
I'm asking because ... the messagebox sized itself to the shorter text in the content area. They said it's an OS limitation (meaning gtk standard dialogs).

Because the Dialog class inherits from Window, you can size it with setSizeRequest(). On Windows, at least. I'm not sure about Linux. I'm about to go out for a few hours, so perhaps you could test this.

Yes, this work on Linux, too.

It also seems dialogs are not user-resizable by default, which seems strange to me. So I thought to roll my own dialog, but didn't get to it yet.

That's another topic I have on my list for the dialog series.

Sorry, I was unclear. By rolling my own I meant to not use a predefined library function MessageRequester() that exists in that language, but instead using gtk dialog directly which would be more customizable. Anyway that would only be for learning purposes, nothing I desperately need.

I also wonder why I often encounter gtk apps/windows that are unresizable, but still have the resize-icon cursor when hovering the bottom-right window edge, which when used moves the window instead.

It's because there are two flags controlling resize-ability, both found in generated\gtkd\gdk\c\types.d:
- a window decorations flag (GdkWMDecoration), and
- another that controls whether or not the window is allowed to resize (GdkWMFunction).

If the programmer turns off the resize flag, but not the decorator flag, well... there's your answer.

Hope that helps, number.

Ok, I understand. But then it seems still strange that the window can be moved by dragging the edge if it's only a decoration that is active.

Thanks for your explanations.