28.09.2019 5:15, Hossain Adnan пишет:
On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 11:46:04 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
Hi y'all,

I've been Googling how to do this, but coming up with nothing definitive. Are there any articles for how to do this for:

Linux?

For Linux there are 3 new options:

1. Appimages (https://appimage.org/): This is very similar to Window's msi installer. You can host the app installer binary in bintray or in your website.

2. Flatpaks (https://flatpak.org/): Flatpak is quickly becoming more and more popular as it provides higher level customization for desktop applications in Linux. The flatpak API is not trivial but there are tutorials available to use flatpak and meson. A well known Linux application named Tilix (https://github.com/gnunn1/tilix) has a flatpak repo (https://github.com/gnunn1/tilix/tree/master/experimental/flatpak).

3. Snap (https://snapcraft.io/): Backed by Cannonical, snap provides a really easy way to distribute applications in Linux. I personally think Snaps are easier to create although I haven't invested time in distributing an app using snap. DMD, Dub and LDC are also shipped with it.

There are tutorials for using all of those three online, but not specific to Dlang. But if you use the Meson build system there are plenty of tutorials available.

don't you consider deb and rpm as options?