On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 10:55:59 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 10:23:28 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 07:35:21 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
[snip]

I think this is something that's been proposed before, but most people are happy with just asking a question here and usually people are pretty good about helping out with answers when possible.

Yes, it works as it is, but it is not the best solution to share know how.

And if I just think: Hey, your answer is good, in the mailinglist / forum / newsgroup setup it is impossible to easily vote for it and get a count of this votes.

I think it is possible to extended the web front end of the forum in this direction and automatically map an '+1' or '-1' comment (in a single line) to a counter which will be displayed beside the commented post. But this is reinventing the wheel...

I am just sad, that many very good questions and answers given in the forum are not so easy to find as they should.

In the state of the D survey, there were more people in favor of StackOverflow than D.learn, but to be fair the majority voted for "I don't care"

https://rawgit.com/wilzbach/state-of-d/master/report.html