On Monday, 21 October 2019 at 20:37:32 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:

What kind of conditions are you wanting to throw exception on? infinities, NaNs, ill conditioning, something else?

As always the best way to check is to mark the function of interest, nothrow take a look at the disassembly and compare to without nothrow. You may also want to look to the optimisation summary that I _think_ you can get LDC to generate.

Our methods take a few short cuts and occasionally step over a stability boundary, so I guess that it may look like ill-conditioning.

Thank you for the explanation and suggestions.