"Vermi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi,
> I'm wondering : why the D compiler can't produce x86_64 code ? All seems
> to be ready in the langage for 64 bits. I need to produce a .dll file in
> both 32 and 64 bits, but I can't. Will we see soon a 64 bits version of
> the D Compiler or should I re-write my apps in C++ ?
>
> @+
> Vermi

I suppose I'm getting a bit behind the tech curve here, but is there a
reason to compile to x86_64 other than just to speed things up on the
already-rediculously-fact 64-bit processors? (or to access more than 4GB of
ram, but then, how often does anyone need to write an app that needs to do
that?)