Hello Christopher,

John Reimer wrote:

Hello Nick,

But, of course, adjectives (just like "direct/indirect objects") are
themselves nouns.

Umm... May I make a little correction here? Adjectives are not nouns.
They are used to /describe/ nouns.

-JJR

No programming language that I know distinguishes parts of an object
(the hand of a body) from attributes of an object (the color of a
ball). I think that's what he was getting at.

Yes, I was not critiquing his commentary on programming languages: it would have been dangerous for me to do so :). I was being (perhaps overly) nit-picky about his statement that incorrectly paralleled English grammar to the topic of discussion.

-JJR