Bill Baxter wrote:
Right, that would probably do the trick, except I don't think there's
anyway to programatically turn D's profiler on or off.  So if you've
got a program with a big startup cost and you want to profile
something that happens after startup, it means you could be waiting a
long time to get to the thing you actually care about, and by that
time the profile logs are filled up with a bunch of unrelated junk.

So I think your only hope with the D profile is to try to extract out
the chunk you want to profile into a separate program.  Not always
possible, and often when possible only painfully so.

You can do profiling for specific modules only by compiling just those modules with profiling on.