Hello Andrei,

John Reimer wrote:

The danger, of course, is that Tango will not be taken seriously
again for D 2.0.  If Tango manages to garner the lion-share of
popularity as they did with D 1.0 (LDC compiler suite is one example
of the significant sway Tango has had on D 1.0 ), then I think I'm
going to just throw up my hands.  Yes, I think something has to be
done: ignoring Tango is not going to be a healthy option for D.
Either that or Phobos2 will have to be so good that people will drop
Tango faster than they would a red-hot frying pan.

Beware of the false choice. Ideally, Phobos2 will be so good, and
Tango2 will be so good, that people will enjoy using either or both
together.

Andrei

Heh, I forgot to enumerate that one at the spur of the moment in /this/ post. :P

Like I said in my early post, you guys will have to be /very/ creative at promoting D to make that one work. I know I want to promote D, but I'm not sure I have the same optimism in this particular detail.

I guess we'll see. In the meantime, I think the best approach is to keep "talking" to us. You and Walter's optimisim is important to keep things moving in some perceivable direction.

At any rate, thank you both for your efforts... and restraint.

-JJR