John Reimer wrote:
Hello John,

Hello Andrei,

Don wrote:

<small rant>
I completely disagree. I think the two libraries is a disaster. I
can
see that so many people have been exposed to a lifetime of
propaganda
that "competition is a good thing", but it's just propaganda.
Competition inevitably means wasted effort, and it's obvious in D.
</small rant>
Well I've been exposed to "competition is wasted effort" for the
first 19 years of my life, and believe me, you wouldn't want to be
subjected to that :o). But, I hear your point.

I've read a little bit of history on Romania and the conditions under
Nicolae Ceauşescu's reign.  I'd be interested to sit down with you
sometime and hear your perspective as one who had first hand
experience of it.   It sounded pretty bad -- conditions with which
most of our Western culture is completely unfamiliar.

All the best,

-JJR

I hope that didn't come across rude or presumptuous; I'm interested in people, history, and experience. :P

Sure. In all likelihood many of us will bump into one another at a conference sooner rather than later.