On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Stewart Gordon <smjg_1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Don wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> The other option (which I would prefer) is for druntime to get bigger, and
>> encompass more of the common code from both. So that both Phobos and Tango
>> became (crucial) extension libraries over a small core. And the bigger that
>> common core becomes, the smaller the library problem becomes.
>
> Up until the point at which somebody decides it's time to develop a library
> to rival druntime.

And we prevent that from happening by making as many people as
possible happy with the development and features of druntime/core.
This is exactly what caused the split in libraries in the first place
- a sizable contingent of users who _weren't_ happy with the existing
library or its development.

In the end though, of course there's nothing we can do from stopping
people from developing yet another library.  But we can at least try
to reduce the likelihood of it.