Hello Lars,

Myself, I've written/ported some routines for numerical
differentiation and integration, one- and multi-dimensional
root-finding and some very basic linear algebra, but so far only for
personal use. Currently, I'm thinking of porting QUADPACK to D.

If you want, I can get you access to scrapple to host what you have.

I think it would be really nice if many or all of the above mentioned
things could be collected in a single library, together with all kinds
of other stuff.
[...]

So, what do you think? Am I making any sense? Am I the only one
interested in these things?

The libs you list are rather scattered and I don't think they are likely to be merged any time soon. OTOH some sort of snapshot pack that collects stable versions that are known to work together might be practical.

All of the above are, of course, my personal opinions. What are yours?

-Lars