Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
So what about the following counterargument: "even if nightly builds
were made available, how can we be sure that enough people are using
them to sufficiently test them?"  OK, sure, if not many people are
using the nightly builds, then there wouldn't be much benefit.  But it
does seem to work out fine for a lot of projects.  And with a proper
SCM set up which you commit to daily, there's virtually no work on
your part.  You just commit, and everyone else can download and
compile.

I believe that people downloading half-baked works in progress and then finding problems I already know about and am fixing is probably not more productive.