BCS wrote:
Hello Andrei,

One that I do think would be more lethal is the mounted Gatling M134
(that Terminator made famous), see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigun. That fires up to 6000
rounds/minute which is pretty crazy. I think a salvo of that would
have made a trench through the Orcs, the same bullet killing or
maiming several of them.

IIRC the 7.62 NATO doesn't have that much penetration (more than the 5.56), enough to do in an Orc, but I don't think it would get the next in line, particularly if the Orc in question has armor on his back.

Yeah, you'd really want a Vulcan or something in that range. (Made by General Electric!) The Riders of Rohan would have to ride their bikes pretty hard to generate the necessary electricity. (For reference, a human can generate something like 0.125 horsepower, and similar weapons require on the order of 15hp.)