Bill Baxter wrote:
Ok, then we'll introduce balanced budget amendment for types to ensure
this doesn't happen.  For every new type added one must be removed.
We're going to vote complex types off the island, right?   Maybe we
could get rid of associative arrays as a built-in too.

Ironic as that might be, I wouldn't mind it. The syntax of associative array types is nice, but other than that they are terribly opaque to introspection. If I could, I'd say T[U] rewrites into Hash!(U, T) and then Hash is defined in object.d.