Sean Kelly wrote:
And some of the stories are just that: stories.  Here's a quote from Michael
Shara,
a curator at the New York Museum of Natural History's exhibit dedicated to
Einstein:

    "This myth that Einstein was a mediocre student is definitely not true,"
says
    Shara. "He was highly inquisitive; asked questions all the time. And we
have his
    report card. You see that he was an excellent student — straight A's, of
course,
    in physics and trigonometry and geometry.

I saw part of a bio of Einstein on TV. His life was a lot more interesting than I'd suspected.